Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of teaching!!





I am going to have a mini class today, to introduce myself to the kids. I have found a coffee shop, not really coffee shop. Its a photography studio slash coffee shop. I have gotten a iced mocha there for the second day, not bad. There is fresh fruit all around me. There is also a meat market right by my apartment, so the are smells like fish, kinda hard to stomach, but I'll get used to it. I also saw dog meat for sale, an entire body in a freezer. It was pretty shocking, but I expected it before I came here. My coworkers tell me that it is something that Korea is trying to move away from, so that would explain why they wouldnt let me take a picture of it I guess. It's stuck in my head right now. Anyway, its not bad here. The directors of the school and my recruiters are doing everything to make my stay comfortable, and I am getting internet in my apartment today! And a cell phone. Well thats all for now. I'll start taking pictures of the city and post them soon.


1 comment:

Building Mum said...

I love love love your apartment! I know you must feel crammed, but it's so cute and looks so functional. At least you've got a closet, bed and a TV! More than you had at my house!!